Monday, March 12, 2018

Late to Libby's Mystery...

...but all caught up with Clue 3.

I'm actually making two sets, planning to combine the blocks later. I'm a little concerned that there's not enough value contrast between the yellow and the elephant print. Oh, well, it'll probably all work out fine.

The elephant print and the pencil print were bits leftover from other projects. The yellow prints were fat quarters, so I think there's enough left of each for one more block. I'll wait until the mystery reveal to make more blocks to go with these.

It'll be interesting to see how these directional prints work in Libby's blocks. I took a chance and cut and pieced them so the prints could - maybe - end up going all the same direction in each block. Or not. We'll just have to wait and see what her blocks look like at the end.

In other quilty news, I have two thirds of the Pickle Dish blocks done, 24 of them. Here's how they look on my design wall today. Only 12 more to go.


Link ups:
Life on the Hill Mystery Link-up
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Em's Scrapbag
Love Laugh Quilt


8 comments:

  1. Great color combo for the pickle dish block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you will be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "Libby" blocks are so fun! I love that elephant print. I am watching your progress on your Pickle Dish quilt and it's giving me more incentive to start my own. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on the Pickle Dish quilt. I think that the mystery quilt blocks look fun, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute fabrics for Libby's Magical Mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those elephants are so cute! I'm sure they'll look great in the mystery quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun fabrics to use in a mystery quilt. It will definitely be interesting to see how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun fabrics you're using for Libby's Mystery!!! I'll be looking forward to seeing how they really work together. I think it's going to be a win!!

    ReplyDelete