Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Stash Building FQs

Once again I have succumbed to the lure of bargain fat quarters. The LQS that used to offer them for $1.00 every so often has raised the price to  - gasp -  $1.09.  Still, at the equivalent of $4.36 a yard, a bargain.

One of my goals for 2018 is to make donation quilts, to piece and/or quilt one a month for a goal of 10 donation quilts this year. Even though they'll mostly be baby, kid, or lap sized, they still require a certain amount of fabric. Using bargain fabric of good quality enables me to do this. So I stocked up on some FQs.

Masculine: I have a lot of girly prints in my stash and I'm aiming toward a mix of masculine and feminine donation quilts, so I chose prints that read masculine or can work as neutral backgrounds and blenders.

More good blenders and low volume, but I couldn't resist a couple of feminine prints, too, that will coordinate with something I already have.

Some themed prints that coordinate nicely with existing solids in my stash; and a geometric that could be a background combined with brights for a cute kid's quilt.

So, 3-3/4 yards in so far this year puts my stash busting goal a bit behind already. I'm sure this isn't the last I'll add to my stash this year, but I have plenty of time to make up for it.



Link up: Sew Fresh Quilts

6 comments:

  1. Are all of their FQ's that price or just select ones and is this all the time? We might be going through
    St. Louis sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There ought to be a rule that stash purchased at less than $5 a yard doesn't count! :) Don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding good quality fabric at low cost shouldn't count at all toward your stash count when the goal is 10 donation quilts! Bravo! It seems the need for donated quilts has never been greater what everything happening right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like some good choices for non-stash-building-charity-quilt-fabrics to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ha, you made it to the Jackman's sale I see. I was strong and resisted the temptation - $1.09 or not! You got some nice fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete