Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Continuing the Pickle Dish Project: Auditioning Greens

No sewing happened here between mid December and New Year's. My sewing room was converted into gift wrapping HQ, and holiday activities took priority for my time. Now the sewing room is cleaned up, the Christmas stuff is put away for another year, and I can get back in there and sew again.

So where did I leave off and what was I working on? Paper piecing arcs for the Pickle Dish project.

Shown above are most of the colors but there will also be green. I had a scrap of Grunge that was just the right color, and a friend helped identify it as color "Kelp."  I ordered more, and a couple other prints that I thought were close to the same shade, and also found a print locally in the same shade.

I got lucky and now I have four choices. I've decided to use the two prints with white in them, so now I'm cutting pieces and preparing to paper piece the rest of the arcs I need. 16 more arcs to go, and then I can put them up on the wall and arrange them. My plan is to get the arcs done this week. It'll feel good to get back to sewing again.



Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad the Kelp was just what you were looking for! I look forward to seeing this come together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks like a very interesting project, will be keeping an eye out on it's progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors! It's going to be a gorgeous quilt when it's all together.

    ReplyDelete