Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Pickle Dish Planning

In my last post I talked about my plans for a Pickle Dish quilt and my concern about the proportions within the block. Now that I'm satisfied with the block pattern, I'm playing around with fabrics and colorings in EQ7. I originally thought I wanted mostly black & white prints with colors for only the eyelashes, but I haven't been happy with anything using that combo so far.

I know I want a small scale print for the background so the seams where the blocks intersect will disappear. After auditioning several options I found the perfect print, from the Menagerie collection by Rifle Paper Co. The background is actually a deep hunter green. (Thanks Jane & Jenny!)

Some more play in EQ7 and here's the plan I'm going with:

This will be a long term project, a challenging one. This is not an easy block to construct; it's actually harder than the snake block. Stay tuned, and I'll keep you posted on progress.

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts

3 comments:

  1. I like how the blocks interconnect and create continuous rings of the same color; that's really fun! I look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This block is on my bucket list, too. It will be fun to watch your progress and might just inspire me to start on one of my own. Great color placement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finding the sweet spot, that's always the hardest part of deciding the design and fabrics for a new project.

    ReplyDelete