Friday, September 1, 2017

Emerald Isle Progress

Coming along... It's been nice to get back into the sewing room this week after travelling last week.

All the blocks have sashing and this is the final layout. By this time next week they'll all be sewn together into a finished flimsy.

The navy sashing enhances the Irish chain effect nicely.

Now to choose binding... I have to buy something because I have nothing suitable in my stash. I'll be at the LQS that hosted this BOM tomorrow and there are a couple of prints I like that were in the BOM kits. The shop should still have enough yardage left of one or another of them that I can pick up enough for binding. Even though I have no immediate plans for this quilt, and haven't thought about backing and quilting yet, I want to get the binding fabric and put it away with the project so I'll have it when I need it.

The shop's name for this BOM series is Emerald Isle, but I see a blue quilt more than a green quilt. Does this quilt need a new name? Any suggestions? Or should I just keep it Emerald Isle due to the history of the project?


Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict

8 comments:

  1. It looks great! The dark sashing frames it very well. I can see calling it Emerald Isle for the continuity, but Blue Lagoon could be a related name that relates? I'm looking forward to really seeing it pop when it is pieced together and what you choose for the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome with the sashing and cornerstones. Isn't the Emerald Isle surrounded by water? I think it still works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given the Irish chain part of the design, I think Emerald Isle is still a great name. The blue is more interesting and less cliche than a more green Irish quilt, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out beautifully. I think Emerald Isle still works. It's that combo of blue and green that makes the Isle so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's your quilt, name it what you feel suits it! Lovely, whether Emerald or otherwise named.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the white squares of the Irish chain stand out against the blues and greens of this quilt, which to me is a perfect blend of modern and traditional. I'm not much help with names, but I can see Emerald Isle relating to the pattern as well as the views of Ireland with the greens along the blue waters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A green backing will make it true to its Emerald name. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete