Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Mosaic Slab

One of the members of my STLMQG bee requested a Mosaic Slab block, in any monochromatic color palette, with black sashing. I raided my orange scraps, and this is what I came up with.

As you can see, it came out wonky. I hope that's OK. This was actually pretty hard for me - improv is so not my thing and I don't do it easily or well. This slab is 13-1/2" x 20", about an inch bigger than my friend requested, so she can trim it down to meet her needs.

Quite a departure from my usual work!


Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts

5 comments:

  1. Where is Jan and when will she be back ;-) Your slab turned out GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so dynamic. You're reminding me of my stained glass quilt started years ago and put away! I need to pull that back out!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the oranges! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think wonky is fine... and I love the fabrics you have used!

    ReplyDelete