Sunday, March 13, 2016

Too Good to Pass Up

Last Monday I took the first how-to class for my new Bernina, held at the shop where I bought it. Great class, but I need to practice some of what I learned so I don't forget which function does what and where to find the icons for them. My new machine is described as a computer that sews, and I'm so not good with computers. But I can master this!

The shop mostly sells and services long arms and sewing machines, but they do have a small fabric selection, including a sale shelf. I scored a terrific low volume background for only $5.99 a yard and a cute FQ for only $1.50. Too good to pass up, right?!! So two yards of the low volume came home with me. I'm still enamored with neutrals and achromatic color schemes so I'll definitely find a use for it. The dots are black, grey, and camel.
 
 

The FQ is just too cute to pass up and I have other prints in my stash that it will coordinate with. The red in the photo is actually more pink than it looks here.

Since I finished the F9P baby quilt (see previous post below) I can count out the backing and binding.

So, for this week:
IN: 2-1/4 yards
OUT: 1-1/2 yards

I'll tally the totals at the end of the month, but I'm still in the black for the year. That will change in Paducah next month! Linking up with Judy's stash report at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. I like your choices. I have 2 computers that sew and about 7 vintage machines. I use all of them at one time or the other. I love sewing on my 1917 Singer clone machine and on my 1960 Singer. But my new Phaff is used too but it does take lots of learning time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new computer that sews in still in the box while i continue to use my Singer vintage machines to quilt on. I know I will take it out one day soon and take a lesson or two on use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice additions to the stash. With the high cost of fabric, it's hard to pass up those deals.

    ReplyDelete