Sunday, November 8, 2015

Stash Report 11/8/15 - FQ Sale and Christmas Did Me In!

I added to the stash this week. Big time. Probably blew my chances of breaking even for the year. In my defense though, most of my purchases were for immediate needs.

One of the local shops had a fat quarter sale, $1 each. Too good to pass up, right? I picked up some blues for dad's blankie, and three of this low volume multi because it's such a good background.
 
Another low volume because you can never have enough backgrounds, right? A red star for QOV because I don't have much red in my stash, and a cute red floral because I like it. The red floral is really the only impulse purchase here. Not too bad so far.  
 
But wait, I'm not done yet... I need to make new Christmas stockings for us this year, and another one for baby CJ too. I had no Christmas fabric in my stash at all, so I'm collecting some. 3-1/4 yards in so far, and I still need a stripe for binding and maybe coordinates for the Santa print.
 
Here's what I found for CJ's stocking:
 
And some possibilities for the rest of the stockings, probably pieced sew-and-flip style:
 

Or maybe this one - need to find some more coordinates. The Santas and snowmen are about 5" tall.
 
All the stockings will have red fleece for the back and white fleece cuffs with the names embroidered in red. I'm seeing the embroiderer tomorrow.  
 
So, total damage, 6-1/4 yards in this week and I'm not done yet. At least I plan to use much of it right away. However, I'll have a lot left over from the stockings, so once again, the stash wins.
 
No finishes this week, so nothing out.
 
Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times and Molli Sparkles; check out the stash reports there.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I really like the print you picked out for CJ. Size and scale of holiday prints can be tricky, and it sounds like the red fleece and white cuffs will finish them off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty fabric! At $1 a fat quarter, I'd have bought a bunch too. Think of it as an investment: quilt fabric runs $10-$12 a yard, and you got it for $4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great buys and some fun Christmas prints. Hopefully you'll be able mark some of this as going back out before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete