Sunday, October 11, 2015

Stash Report 10/11/15

I've been searching for a suitable wide backing for my Kaffe/Batik Flying Geese project for awhile. Since it has so many seams and weighs a lot, and since I plan on straight-line quilting this myself, I want a wide backing with no seams.

I found the most perfect backing fabric! Ginormous text of color names!

Not only is this ideal for this quilt, but it's perfect for me, too. When I was working, it was part of my job to name colors. So how cool is this to find fabric with color names?!!!

So, 3 yards of wide backing came in this week. Nothing out that I can count.

Check out the other stash reports at Patchwork Times and Molli Sparkles.

11 comments:

  1. This is my most favorite quilt that you have made to date. That backing fabric is so cool. Where on earth did you find it in a wide width fabric? I have a flying geese quilt started. Do you press your seams open? And how do you baste a quilt to prep for lots of straight line quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this backing fabric. Will have to keep my eyes open for it. Your flying geese quilt is really beautiful with it's interesting mix of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't is awesome when fabric speaks to you? So glad you found the perfect print for your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! And what a neat job to have to name colors. I have always been fascinated by color names. In fact, I love to read paint chip brochures and fabric charts, and when I'm having trouble falling asleep, I try to alphabetize names for generic colors (such as names for "yellow"). Nerdy, I know, but fun, and it does help distract me from things that interfere with sleep--and it works! I have people like you to thank for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful, and you found the perfect backing from what I can see. Where on earth did you find the backing I have never seen that one before? What a fun job you had coming up with names for colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun backing fabric. Your flying geese quilt is gorgeous, love the pink and orange brights. That's not a color combo I would have thought to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, that is the MOST perfect backing for your quilt ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!! You had a job naming colors?? I have always thought that would be such a cool, fun job. Yes, this is the perfect backing for your gorgeous quilt. I love, love, love this Flying Geese quilt.

    ReplyDelete