Sunday, May 3, 2015

April Stash Report & Goals Update

Stash Report:
Oh, I overdid it in Paducah, big time. I bought over 40 yards of fabric there. All at bargain prices, though.
I was also gifted 8 yards from the stash of a late friend, so that adds to my numbers for April, too.

April IN: 52.7/8 yards
April OUT: 2.5 yards
April Net Change: 50.375 yards in.

Year to Date IN: 89 yards
YTD OUT: 56.5 yards
YTD Net Change: 32.5 yards IN.

I guess I'd better get busy and sew!

I will use the special gifted fabric for the backing of Gramercy since 1) it's perfect in color, print, scale, etc., and 2) I'm keeping Gramercy and the fabric is special to me because of who it came from, so I'll remember my friend each time I use the quilt.

I had already given the Gramercy top and generic backing to the quilter but she hadn't started working on it yet, so I swapped out the special backing and I can use the generic backing for something else later.  I won't count the backing out until the quilting is done and the binding is on.

Goals Update:

April Recap:
1. Prep Gramercy & Friends backing; make arrangements with quilter. Done. Then exchanged for different backing, so done twice. 
2. Prep piecing group project "How Many" to hand out in May. Done.
3. Work on Hands to Help quilt (UFO from earlier pattern test).  Basted & ready for quilting.
4. Keep up with bee blocks. Done
5. Go to Paducah for Quilt Week. Yes, and I had a great time!
Extra: 1. Made twirly skirt for great-niece's b-day, and one for her dolly too.
           2. Collated additional fabrics & cut pieces for a Plus quilt from the STLMQG Collection Challenge.

H2H quilt basted, ready for quilting

STLMQG Collection Challenge Project

May Goals:
1. Quilt & bind Hands 2 Help quilt.
2. Finish piecing Collection Challenge Plus to a flimsy.
3. Layer, baste, quilt and bind one quilt: boy donation quilt or potential publication project or Collection Challenge.
4. Keep up with bee blocks.
5. Hand piece remaining border pieces for How Many.
6. Make beach bag accessory pouches for vacation. (Our current beach bag's pocket is too small for all of our cell phones, sunglasses, keys, etc. but the bag is waterproof and keeps the sand out.)

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out everyone else's fabric management efforts over there. I bet I'm not the only one who splurged in Paducah!



3 comments:

  1. Great deals are just about impossible to pass up! I am glad you were able to swap out the backing for Gramercy & Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you made all your goals, too! That fabric- you certainly do have some sewing to do! But the year is young, and I wouldn't expect you to go to Paducah without making some great purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had more in than out in April, but May will make up for it. :) lLove what you will do with the fabric from your friend.

    ReplyDelete