Monday, August 25, 2014

DWM 8/25/14

Updated 8/27: Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

Nothing on my design wall today...

The replacement baby quilt is finished - baby can come any time now! But, of course, it would be better if baby waits until due date, two more weeks. Mom says she's ready any time!

The Ugly Baby Quilt is bound and will be donated. I had to find something from stash that would work, because I used the previously prepared print binding for the cute baby quilt. I had no more of the critter print, no more of the blue, and not enough of the orange used in the ugly baby quilt, so I found a stripe that works well enough. 3/8 yards used from stash.
UBQ with Binding

These blocks and more were on the wall but now they've been pieced into a top for my guild's 30th anniversary challenge. These blocks used batiks from stash, so when I figure out how much I actually used I'll be able to count some stash out. However, they didn't make a dent in my batik stash. I have a lifetime supply of gorgeous batiks!
Batik Blocks for 30-Something Challenge

This week I hope to get the backing pieced and the quilt layered and basted, and hopefully start the quilting. I found these two fabrics in my stash, which together are enough for the backing. The beige batik is used in the top, and the map print is a favorite that was used in DH's quilt a few years ago. I plan to keep this quilt for me to use on the sofa in the family room, so these fabrics are perfect.
Backing for 30-Something Challenge

Linking up today with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out everyone else's design walls over there for some great quilty inspiration!.


4 comments:

  1. I love that map print! And excellent stash use! I really built up my stash this summer so I need to try to make a small dent in mine too. Love the quilt top. And always love a stripey binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stripes make such interesting binding. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stripe works really well as the binding on the quilt, and some lucky person is going to love that quilt! You are on a roll using up fabric from your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stripe you used as the binding, so fun!

    ReplyDelete