Monday, June 2, 2014

DWM 6/2/14

Not much on my design wall today because I've been away for a few days. Beach vacation. What can I say - some things take priority over quilting and blogging!

Here's what's on my design wall: backing for a small quilt. The top measures 40-1/2" wide so WOF should suffice for the backing, right? This orange fabric is exactly 42" including big selvages, so it's just barely wide enough. But the backing is all from stash so I'll be able to count it out on my next stash report. The binding is prepped & ready, too. I need batting, so I'll have to find a coupon. A queen size batt will yield four of these small quilts if cut carefully.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times. Check out everyone else's design walls over there - I'm sure they're all much more inspiring than mine!

1 comment:

  1. Beach vacations are wonderful! Love your little quilt top and your backing is fun. Bright Summery colors!

    ReplyDelete