Sunday, March 16, 2014

Stash Report 3/16/14 and Bath Remodel Start

A top and its backing went to the longarmer this week, so I'll be able to count that yardage out on this month's report. However, I did buy some Kona white this week, so I'll have to count two yards in. I need the white for block photo samples for the book, and for the broken chevron project whenever I can get back to that.  I'll total up the ins and outs at the end of the month, but it's going to be a big month for yardage out.

Goals for the week will have to be flexible. I need to get photo sample block parts and completed photo sample blocks made by the end of March.  I also need to review and edit the block instructions and quilt patterns that are already drafted.

But the Great Bathroom Renovation starts tomorrow, so we will be living in a noisy and dusty construction zone around here for the next two months. We're having both the hall bath and the master bath updated (after 28 years). They'll start with the hall bath; meanwhile we can still use the master.

Here's the Before picture of the hall bath. I didn't get a true Before pic - we'd already taken down the shower curtain and cleared out everything before I thought to take a picture. The walls are actually much brighter than they look in the photo. We used to have a fish quilt hanging in there, with lots of bright aqua and cobalt blue in it. The shower curtain, towels, and rugs were navy. The new décor will be more spa-like taupe.
Hall Bath Before
 
Here are the Before pics of the master bath. Ugh! It, too, will be more spa-like when finished. This renovation is way overdue; the tub has been scrubbed so much the porcelain is worn off in places!
Master Bath Before
 
Master Bath Before

Wish me luck with this adventure!

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times; check out everyone else's stash reports over there.

1 comment:

  1. It is always fun to change things in our homes. Sorry that the remodel is going to take so long.

    ReplyDelete