Sunday, December 22, 2013

Stash Report 12/22/13

Whoo-hoo! Thanks to Cherie, I get to count fabric out this week! (I count yardage used for tops when the top is complete, and I count backings and bindings separately.) Since my friend finished the applique on this top, I get to count the yardage for it. Thanks again, Cherie!

So, fabric out this week, 5-3/4 yards.
No fabric in this week, YAY!
I'll total up the ins and outs at the end of the month. I hope to have more I can count out by then.

This top will end up as a throw and will probably finish about 52" x 72".  I'll post a tutorial about it tomorrow.

Question for you: what do you do about counting fabric that was used in parts that did not make it into the actual quilt?  There are Dresden units in 34 different fabrics in this top. But I made Dresden units in several other fabrics that didn't make the final layout. How would you account for the fabric used in them?

Linking up with Judy over at Patchwork Times; check out everyone else's stash management efforts over there.

2 comments:

  1. I would count the extra blocks whenever they left my sewing room -- in another project or gifted to someone. Sometimes I add a bunch of orprphan blocks to a backing so they can get counted. Cute quilt top. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I count what I cut for a project when the top is complete. Anything left goes in the scrap bins or orphan box. That means when I use something from the scrap bins or orphan blocks, I don't get to count it as out going stash but I'm okay with that :-)

    ReplyDelete