Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WIP Wednesday 10/9/13: Table Runner Progress

Well, this has been a learning experience! Here's where I'm at so far:
Table runner in progress
Using the quilt-as-you-go, sew-and-flip method has some issues....
First, although you can't see it in the perspective of this photo, the runner isn't straight; it has a slight bend in it.  If I ever do this again I'll mark lines on the batting to align the edges of the braid pieces and keep them straighter. 
Second, those are all short seams, through the batting and backing. Lots of thread tails, two per braid piece, to deal with on the back side.
Third, I should have done a much  better job of pressing the fabrics, especially the back, because once quilted I can't really press creases out of it. That backing has been folded up in my stash since back when seafoam green was popular, so I guess the fold creases are permanent.
Back of runner
Yesterday was too beautiful here to stay indoors so I worked on burying the thread tails outside. Thank goodness for the self threading spiral-eye needle!

Linking up with Work In Progress Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced; check out everyone's WIPs over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment