Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Finish 10/25/13: Bee blocks

Crazy week here this week but I did get Jayne's bee blocks finished.  She will add embroidery to them for the bird's legs, feet, and eye.  She handed out the grey dot fabric for the bird, and offered fabric swatches to inspire the color palette.
 

I chose her orange option because I have a lot of orange in my stash. The pattern calls for orange to be used for the beak and crest. I used a very yellow-orange to contrast as much as possible with the orange background, but I think there's still not enough contrast. A little outline stitch embroidery in yellow will solve that problem.  
 
These blocks are about 3/4" larger than she needs all around because she asked for extra seam allowance.
 
On Wednesday I went with some girlfriends to Paducah to shop at Hancock's of Paducah and visit the quilt museum.  I did some serious damage at Hancock's, but in my defense I had a list of what I was looking for and I pretty much stuck to it, except for some nice pale background fabrics from the sale table. We had a great day! Come back Sunday for Stash Report; I have some major fessing up to do!
 
Linking up today with Finish it up Friday over at Crazy Mom Quilts and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Check out all the wonderful inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment