Monday, September 9, 2013

Design Wall Monday 9/9/13

Lots of hand applique to work on this week:
Dresdens Ready for Applique

Four rows of Dresden blades, 34 points each counting top & bottom of each row.  Three background strips, and two end strips.  It'll take me weeks to get all that hand sewing done!

That stitching you can see is basting, to help align the points straight on the background.  It's regular thread in the needle and water-soluble thread in the bobbin, so when I'm done stitching down the points I can just wet the back and pull out the front thread.

Guess I better start stitching!

Linking up with Design Wall Monday over at Patchwork Times; check out al the creativity happening there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, hand applique, makes my hand ache just to think about it. However, I like the idea of the basted line.

    ReplyDelete