Sunday, August 25, 2013

Stash Report 8/25/13

This weekend my favorite LQS is having their Fat Quarter Frenzy, in which customers can enter to win a 20% discount for a year.  I could use a discount, right?  So yesterday I went over, selected my free FQ and put my name in the drawing.  In addition, for every $10 spent, you could put your name in again. So I selected two half-yard cuts and bucked up for a second entry.  I came home with this pretty coral FQ and these two great low-volume neutrals.
 
 
However, the customer in line ahead of me at the register was buying all the fabric she needed for an entire quilt top, and she got to put her name in the drawing 12 times.... So much for my chances!
 
Yardage in this week - 1-1/4 yards.  Some has been used for the Dresden project and for the Jelly Roll project, but not to the point where I can count it out yet.  I'll tally up all the ins and outs at the end of the month.  Looks like this month is leaning toward stash enhancement.  Guess I'd better get busy!
 
Goals for the week - get these projects to a point where I can count yardage used. Continue researching magazine submission requirements and if possible submit one of these projects to a magazine.
 
Linking up with Judy over at Patchwork Times - check out everyone else's efforts at stash management.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, every entry counts..you may still win. The coral fabric is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A chance at a discount for a year can't be passed up! Those low volume prints are great, but I love the coral!

    ReplyDelete