Sunday, August 4, 2013

July Stash Report

Well, I couldn't hold out. I had no fabric in up to the 30th, but I needed backing for the snowball quilt. So I blew it. A little more than just backing came home with me - some lights (low volume) for backgrounds, lacking in my stash.  But I'm still ahead for the month and the year, so not bad overall.

Fabric IN July 2013: 4.9 yds
Fabric OUT July 2013: 11.2 yds

Fabric IN 2013 YTD: 85.0 yds
Fabric OUT 2013 YTD: 86.33 yds

Net change:  1.33 yards OUT

Yesterday I went to my LQS for the first meeting of their latest First Saturday BOM project.  I hadn't participated before but this one is batiks which I love, and I have time now, so why not.  I'm not counting yardage from First Saturday blocks because it's all cut pieces specifically allocated for this project.  They had a huge crowd there and I ran into several friends. Some of us went out for coffee later which I really enjoyed.

Here's the finished snowball quilt; this photo was taken indoors with flash. I'll get some better photos outdoors later.
Charmed Snowballs

This week I need to work on labels and sleeves for my two entries into The Quintessential Quilt 2013.  Also need to layer and baste my STLMQG Ohio Star Challenge.  If I get all that done I can treat myself to a new project. Hmm, I'll have to play around in EQ and come up with something.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times - check out how others are managing their fabric addictions.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats for staying in the black even with the recent acquisitions. Your Snowball quilt is really fun. Love all those fun fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that your stash report isn't supposed to make you buy NO fabric. The goal is to shop your stash first, and only buy fabric when necessary! You are still making progress.....

    I find that trying to use my stash forces me to be flexible when choosing fabrics for a project, and learning that if one neutral is good, 25 or 50 are better!

    Keep up the good work and lovely quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowball quilt is so pretty. It makes me want to go through my scrap bin and start one too. Your numbers are very good. Wish I could say the same.

    ReplyDelete